besside and reaver misbehavior
|Reported by:||anonymous||Owned by:||sorbo|
Using BT5R3 x64 with AWUS036H.
- Starting besside randomly gives error:
Ndiswrapper doesn't support monitor mode.
besside-ng: wi_open(): No child processes
- I think besside needs following options:
- Possibility to manually change packet loss threshold. I have some APs with great signal strength, but they do not respond to pings from time to time. Besside treats them as unreachable, when they actually are not unreachable. Besides, this is not really important, when trying to capture WPA handshake.
- Possibility to specify encryption type to catch. WEP, WPA, WEP+WPA. Sometimes i do not want to crack WEP APs as it takes some time, and hangs on many of WEP APs.
- Besside should check keystrokes to skip current AP attack, and to cancel current AP during this run.
- Switch to specify deauth period with possibility to disable deauth completely. I'm afraid to leave besside for a long period of time, as it too aggressively thrashes all wifi's around. Those APs, who got owned quickly are lucky ones, because always there are APs, i can't get complete handshake, because my wifi "hears" only AP's signal and can't hear client's signal, and can't collect clients handshake stages, and besside makes it impossible for them to use wifi, and their owners may want somebody's blood ;)
I think option to control deauths period is a MUST HAVE option.
- I've seen several WEP routers, besside hangs to crack.
Attack comes to flooding stage, then besside collects 256 (sometimes 255 or 254, but never more than 256) IVs and everything stops. Don't know if it AP detects attack after sending 256 IVs or it's besside bug, but the only way out of this situation is to kill besside, as it does not detect this situation and there's no way to make it skip current AP and switch to next.